No one can resist the sight or smell of crispy bacon. This recipe combines that irresistible bacon flavor with protein-rich chicken medallions, grilled and seasoned to perfection.
Whether you are looking for an easy family dinner or something to feed a crowd, this recipe is perfect. The best part about it is that you can prepare it ahead of time and just throw it on the grill when you are ready.
Serve these grilled chicken medallions with a side of steamed vegetables or a fresh salad and your meal is complete!
Easy Paleo Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Medallions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 thick slices bacon
¼ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1 tsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Trim the fat from the chicken and cut each chicken breast into three chunks.
2. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and chili powder in a small bowl.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces in a shallow glass dish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken and turn it once to coat.
5. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade and wrap each medallion in a strip of bacon.
7. Slide the bacon-wrapped medallions onto the metal skewers, leaving about 1 inch between each medallion.
8. Preheat your grill to high heat then reduce the flame slightly to medium.
9. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, turning every few minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
10. Slide the medallions off the skewers to serve.
Quick Paleo Cooking Tip
This recipe can easily be modified and used as an appetizer rather than a main meal. Simply substitute the whole chicken breasts for chicken breast halves and cut the breasts into smaller pieces. Wrap each piece of chicken in a half slice of bacon and slide the pieces onto soaked wooden skewers. Reduce the cook time and serve the chicken on the skewers to your guests.