Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 lb shrimp, deveined, pre-cooked
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp basil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 a lemon, cut into wedges
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of red chili flakes
- Turn oven to 400 degrees. No need to preheat.
- Place spaghetti squash directly on center rack.
- Cook spaghetti squash for 45 minutes to an hour or until the spaghetti squash is soft to the touch.
- While spaghetti squash is cooking remove tails from the shrimp.
- Combine shrimp and all ingredients in an oven safe baking dish.
- When the spaghetti squash is cooked remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature 375.
- Then place the baking dish (covered) with the shrimp and other ingredients on the center rack.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the butter is melted and the shrimp are warm.
- While the scampi is cooking, cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Use a fork to scrap the spaghetti squash (noodles) into a bowl or onto a plate.
- That's it. Serve the shrimp with butter sauce on the spaghetti squash.
Optional: sprinkle with parmesan.