Last week I brought you a post about delicious zucchini noodles in meat sauce and now I'm bringing you a post about chocolate zucchini bread... What gives?!?
Well, there are two reasons for all the zucchini madness...
One, zucchini is in season right now so you can get a ton of it for cheap at the farmer's market. We try to eat stuff that's in season as much as possible.
Two, when you make zucchini noodles you'll be left with the tender insides of the zucchini. We don't like to waste food so we find that part of the zucchini to be perfect for making chocolate zucchini bread.
This is a delicious recipe and the consistency is perfect. It's like eating chocolate cake but without all the sugar and processed white flour. I like to have mine with a cup of coffee or an herbal tea. I even tried mine with a little bit of almond butter on the side and that was pretty awesome.
Anyway... Here's the recipe... Have fun and enjoy!
Delicious Like Cake Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Prep Time: Approx 10 Minutes
Cook Time: Approx 45 Minutes
Ingredients for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
1/2 c coconut flour
1/2 c quality cocoa powder (we like this one)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess water (about one cup)
1 medium, very ripe banana, mashed
1/4 c of butter or coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
Instructions for Chocolate Zucchini Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with butter or coconut oil, or use parchment paper to line the pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine with a fork the coconut flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix with a fork until well combined: the zucchini, banana, butter, honey, eggs and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until completely combined.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread until even and flat.
5. Bake until a knife inserted comes out clean (not wet), around 40-45 minutes. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes.
6. Enjoy warm or put in the fridge or freezer.
You can plan this recipe, and others just like it, inside of PrimalPal. Sign up for your free trial today and get on the fast track to achieving your fitness, weight loss and health goals. Make sure to 'like' this recipe on Facebook and share the deliciousness!