Coffee chains around the country use the Fall season as an excuse to sell pumpkin-flavored lattes and other hot beverages. Just because you are following the Paleo Diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on these delicious flavors! This Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte tastes every bit as delicious as that $4 latte from the coffee shop on the corner but it is made from natural, Paleo-friendly ingredients!
Paleo Recipe: Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
1 cup brewed coffee
1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
½ cup water
2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. ground ginger
Pinch ground cloves
- Combine the brewed coffee, coconut milk, water and maple syrup in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk the ingredients well and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and pour into a blender.
- Blend the mixture until frothy and well blended.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and heat to the desired temperature.
- Pour into glasses to serve.
Paleo Cooking Tip
The maple syrup in this recipe serves to sweeten the latte. Feel free to substitute honey or another Paleo sweetener, if you like, or omit the sweetener entirely. You can also add other flavors like a few drops of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of the latte. If you would like to plan paleo recipes like this one get started by signing up for a PrimalPal membership. It's free for the first 10 days.
Image credit 1