I found a recipe for a grain-free "tortilla" not too long ago and when I tried it I felt like I was eating egg white patties. Not good.
So I decided to make up my own grain- free tortillas. The cool thing about this grain-free tortilla recipe is that you can season it any way you want. If you're using them in enchiladas just add some chili powder, salt, cumin and a touch of lime. They are very versatile.
For the recipe I'm sharing with you today I decided to add a bit of vanilla and honey for a very nice crepe. I then stuffed these crepes with my secret chocolate frosting recipe which puts Nutella to shame and is actually much healthier.
As you can see in the picture I did whip up some organic whipped cream and added some to the top of my crepes. You can also fill the crepes with mixed berries if you wish. Really, you can stuff these with pretty much anything. But I had a bit of a sweet craving this weekend so I went with the chocolate and banana.
Dangerously Delicious Chocolate and Banana Stuffed Crepes
Prep Time: Approx 15 mins.
Cook Time: Approx 15 mins.
Serves: 4 (2 crepes per person)
Ingredients for Chocolate and Banana Stuffed Crepes
1/4 cup of coconut flour, sifted
1/4 tsp of baking powder
8 egg whites
1/3 cup of full fat coconut milk
1 tbsp of honey
1 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
Coconut oil as needed for cooking
Directions for Chocolate and Banana Stuffed Crepes
1. Mix all your ingredients together. I usually get all my wet ingredients in the bowl first then I sift the dry ingredients in on top.
2. After you've mixed it well let it stand for around 10 minutes so the ingredients can incorporate. After 10 minutes go ahead and mix again.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low to medium heat. I use coconut oil for cooking these. Usually around one teaspoon every two crepes.
4. Use a 1/4 cup of batter and slowly swirl the pan as you pour the batter into it. You're trying to get a nice circular shape and you want the crepes to be very thin.
5. I usually cook these for 45 to 60 seconds on each side. They do not take long to cook. Once they start bubbling and the edges look cooked you can flip over the crepe and cook the other side.
6. Once you're finished cooking the crepes you can let them cool for a minute or two then you can stuff them with whatever you choose. I recommend the chocolate frosting below with some sliced bananas. You can also add some whipped cream on top if you eat some dairy.
Tip: Make sure to keep you pan temperature even and keep the pan well oiled.
Chocolate Frosting (The Nutella Killer)
Prep Time: Approx 5 mins.
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosting
3/4 cup of unsweetened almond butter
3 tsp of cocoa
2 tbsp of honey
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
Directions for Chocolate Frosting
1. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. You can adjust any of the ingredients up or down based on your taste and preferences.
2. Stuff each crepe with approximately two tablespoons of chocolate frosting. Slice the bananas and place them on top. Wrap the crepes as shown in the picture above. Top with whipped cream (optional) and serve. Enjoy!
If you'd like to include recipes like this one into your weekly meal plan then become a PrimalPal member today. It only takes a minute to sign up and you'll be enjoying customized paleo meal plans and auto-magically created shopping lists. We look forward to having you as a member.