Chewy Pecan Pie Brittle
Preperation time: 10min
Cooking Time: 15min
Visit paleomg.com for the full instructions.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil then add your pecans to the pan. Toss around to coat in the oil and keep moving to help roast your pecans without burning them.
- When your pecans begin to become fragrant and browned a bit, add your honey and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Once your sugar begins to thicken just a little, add your coconut oil and coconut cream concentrate. Keep mixing with a rubber spatula to make sure your coconut cream concentrate doesn’t burn.
- Then add your cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- When everything is well combined, turn burner on low and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes to thicken just a bit. (it won’t get super thick, so don’t expect that)
- While your mixture is thickening, line a 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, pressing the paper down into the sides of the dish.
- Then pour your mixture into the parchment-lined baking dish and use a spoon to spread out the pecans throughout the mixture.
- Place in the freezer and let freeze for an hour or more. When you pull it from the freezer, it should be completely hardened but still have a chewyness to it.
- Use a knife to break it into pieces.
- Store in the freezer until serving!
- Sooooooo much better than pecan pie.
*Prep only takes about 10 minutes, but it should sit in the freezer for over an hour before serving! **To make it even creamier in texture, ad about ¼ cup almond butter or sunflower seed butter!
Customize Your Own Paleo Diet Meal Plan In Minutes
Your favorite paleo recipes at your fingertips so you can:
- Save & Organize Your Favorite Recipes
- Automatically create shopping lists
- Nutrition Info on all recipes