Preperation time: 10min
Cooking Time: 10min
|Protein (g)||Carbs (g)||Fat (g)||Energy (KCal)|
|1/3 Teaspoon Black Pepper||0 0||0 0||0 0||0 0|
|1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt||0 0||0 0||0 0||0 0|
|1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder||0 0||14 14||0 0||57 57|
|1/2 cup Almond Flour/Meal||4 4||4 4||9 9||103 103|
|2 Piece(s) Egg(s), Large||3 3||0 0||3 3||39 39|
|1 Pound Cod Fillet||17 17||0 0||0 0||78 78|
|4 Tablespoon(s) Bacon Fat||0 0||0 0||12 12||108 108|
|1/3 Teaspoon Paprika||0 0||0 0||0 0||1 1|
|Total: Approximate Nutrition Info, Per Serving:||24||18||24||386|
1. Rinse the cod and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into sticks that are about 1/2" wide and 4" long.
2. Place the 2 eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk. Place the almond flour, arrowroot powder, sea salt, black pepper and paprika into another medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
3. Dip the cod pieces into the whisked eggs and then into the almond flour mixture, making sure the sticks are well coated on all sides. Place the coated sticks on a wire cooling rack while you continue to coat the rest.
4. Place the lard or tallow in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Allow the fat to heat up and then add half of the sticks to the pan, making sure they are not touching. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Transfer to a plate covered in a paper towel and cook the second half of the fish sticks.
5. Serve with your favorite paleo ketchup, tartar sauce and lemon wedges and enjoy!
You can serve these with lemon wedges, paleo ketchup, or some paleo tartar sauce.